ACCESS STATEMENT FOR THE KINGSMILLS HOTEL
The Kingsmills Hotel – Access Statement – March 2017
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
The Kingsmills Hotel, set within acres of manicured grounds is the perfect blend of historic tradition, contemporary design and passionate service. Originally built in 1785, the hotel is situated 1 mile from the city centre with plenty of complimentary onsite parking. We have 147 bedrooms, of which, 7 are accessible rooms – 6 on the ground floor and 1 that requires access via an elevator. All rooms are step free with accessible bathrooms. All bedrooms have safety pull cords, handrails, and 2 have wet room facilities with low level wash basins. We offer a leisure club, beauty spa and nail bar, hairdresser, choice of restaurants and lounge bar.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01463 237166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details please see our website, www.kingsmillshotel.com. Our postcode for directions is IV2 3LP.
- The Inverness railway station is one mile away and takes about 10 minutes in a taxi.
- The Number 4 bus stop near the hotel, just ask for Kingsmills Road. There is a slight hill from the bus stop.
- The airport is 15 minutes away by taxi
- Mobility repairs from Able Care on 01463 233900, Seafield Road, Inverness
- Shopmobility, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Inverness 01463 717624
Car Parking and Arrival
- We have 150 complimentary car parking spaces including accessible. The car park is tarmac surface
- The car park is flood lit and all on one level
- The entrance to the hotel has a canopy which is lit and all on one level
Main Entrance / Reception / Welcome Area
- There is a wide choice of comfortable seating in reception which can be used during check in procedure
- The reception is manned 24 hrs per day
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and lamps
- Reception is on the ground floor and has level access throughout
- The floor surface is carpet and tiles
- There is a hearing loop installed in reception
- A magnifying glass, pen and paper is available
- All of the above also applies to our Kingsclub which is our exclusive wing set within the grounds and also directly accessible from the car park
- Rooms are fitted with visual alerts in case of emergency.
- We have additional lamps available on request
- Clear space next to the bed in Kingsmills Hotel is 1700mm in The Kingsclub 1260mm
- Some items of furniture can be moved on request
- We have 6 accessible rooms in total in the Kingsmills Hotel, and 1 accessible room in our Exclusive Kingsclub and Spa (our exclusive rooms set within the grounds.
- Entry doors in the Kingsmills Hotel is 900mm and in the Kingsclub 875mm
- Twin beds available in some of our accessible rooms
- The height to the top of the mattress in the Kingsmills Hotel is 660mm and 670mm in the Kingsclub
- Low hanging wardrobe rails available in the accessible rooms along with non feather bedding
- Assistance dogs are welcome in accessible rooms and are provided with water bowls, doggie snacks and poop-bags!
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- In the Kingsclub there are 2 grab rails at the WC, 2 at the wash basin and 1 in the shower along with a shower seat
- There is a clear space under the wash basin
- The wash basins are 725mm in height in the Kingsmills Hotel and 740mm in the Kingsclub
- All bedrooms are ensuite with a clear door space of 885 mm in the Kingsmills Hotel and 880 mm in the Kingsclub
- The WC sit at a height from the floor of 495mm in the Kingsmills Hotel and 490mm in the Kingsclub
- In the Kingsmills Hotel there are 2 adjustable grab rails at the WC, 2 at the wash basin and 4 in the shower along with a shower seat
- All wash basins have lever taps
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- We have 3 elevators throughout the hotel and all have audio support
- All public areas are wide and well lit with a combination of overhead and wall lights
- Corridors are 2310mm wide in the Kingsmills hotel and 3270mm wide in The Kingsclub
- Refuge area at the end of the corridors on the Luxury wing, However reception maintains a list of all guests who would require assistance and staff are immediately dispatched to assist on alarm sounding
Public Areas – Lounges, Lobbies
- The floor is carpeted
- There are 3 steps from the lounge into our Conservatory restaurant.
- The lounge area is a very welcoming space with comfortable sofas and chairs. It is on the ground floor with level access from reception
- Width of door into the lounge from reception is 1180mm and the accessible WC is 30m from the lounge
- Lighting is a mixture of natural day light and lamps and wall lights and overhead lights
- Table service from the bar is available
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- Breakfast is normally buffet service but guests can be served at their table by staff
- Distance to the accessible WC is 44m from the Conservatory and 52m from The Inglis
- Tables have a clear space underneath of 750mm
- The entrance to the Conservatory and the Inglis is 1600mm. There are 3 steps down to the Conservatory Restaurant and can be accessed using a portable ramp which staff are fully trained in using. The Inglis access is on the level and within the Inglis there are 2 steps up to the bay window area but majority of tables are on the level
- We have 2 restaurants in the hotel; The Conservatory Restaurant and The Inglis Restaurant
- The Inglis Restaurant is carpeted and the Conservatory is a wooden floor.
- Staff are more than happy to assist with reading of menus
- Both restaurants are table service for lunch and dinner
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated in all areas of food service throughout the hotel.
- The WC sits at a height of 490mm with grab rails on the Left hand side
- Accessible toilets are fitted with alarm pull cords.
- Public and accessible toilets can be found on the ground level with level access from the reception, lounge, restaurants, bar and meeting rooms.
- Entrance to public toilets are 910mm and cubicles entrance is 645mm with a clear space around the WC of 1600mm x 1400mm
- Wash basins have lever taps
- There is an accessible changing area on the level at reception with pull cords
- 3 steps into the Jacuzzi and 3 steps into the pool
- Leisure facilities comprise of gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and pool. The leisure club is on the ground level of the hotel
- Width of doors into the pool is 840mm and 770 mm into changing areas with an entrance of 880mm into the gym
- Reception of the leisure club is manned by trained assistants
Grounds and Gardens
- We have 4 acres of beautiful grounds with grass lawns, trees and flower beds
- There is a terrace outside the Conservatory Restaurant and also outside the leisure club to enjoy the views of the garden
- There is a relaxation area with 4 low sofas to enjoy
- The spa is all on a level with wooden floors
- Our Spa is on -1 level in the Kingsclub and Spa with an elevator access
- Door width is 880mm into the spa, nail bar and treatment rooms
- Nearest accessible WC is 12m to elevator and up one level then 4m to WC
Conference and Meeting Rooms
- Tables are 695mm in height
- Door width to the Kingsmills Suite is 1760mm, to the Adams Room and Burns room is 1500mm and to the Macleod is 870mm
- We have 3 meeting rooms just off reception on the ground floor and all are level, with an additional 4 rooms in our Kingsmills Suite. The suite has 5 steps down and is accessible by elevator
- The Kingsmills Suite has a hearing loop
- Distance to nearest accessible WC from the Kingsmills Suite is 9m and 40m in all other meeting rooms
- Raigmore Hospital is a short distance from the hotel down a slight incline
- All staff are trained to assist guests who may a disability.
- grid reference – Easting 267468, Northing 844606
Address (Inc postcode): The Kingsmills Hotel Culcabock Road Inverness IV2 3LP
Telephone: 01463 237166
Grid Reference: Easting267468 Northing844606
Hours Of Operation: 24 hours per day
Local Equipment Hire: Mobility scooter repairs and mobility aids hire. Able Care 01463 233900, Seafield Road, Inverness. Shopmobility, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Inverness 01463 717624.
Local Accessible Taxi: Inverness Taxi Company 01463 222222
Local Public Transport: Stagecoach no 4 bus into the city centre from Kingsmills Road.