Privacy & Cookies Policy
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, the Kingsmills Hotel, will collect and use your personal data for the basis of consumption of any goods or services related to the Hotel. For the purposes of sales and marketing if the data subject has opted in to receive such material.
Why does the Kingsmills Hotel need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for the purposes of your stay and any other services offered by the hotel, for example accommodation, restaurant, bar etc.In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes the Kingsmills Hotel would seek additional consent.
Will the Kingsmills Hotel share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to the Kingsmills Hotel
in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf, we will never share your information to any other organisations other than those who work on behalf of the Kingsmills Hotel to provide you with information related solely to the Hotel. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the Kingsmills Hotel’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise. A list of our third-party service providers can be found here.
How will the Kingsmills Hotel use the personal data it collects about me?
The Kingsmills Hotelwill process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. The Kingsmills Hotel is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Kingsmills Hotel contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the Kingsmills Hotelholds about me?
The Kingsmills Hotel at your request and after completion of a Subject Access Request (SAR), can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If the Kingsmills Hoteldoes hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
· Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
· Contact details of the GDPR Owner, where applicable.
· The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
· If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the Kingsmills Hotelor a third party, information about those interests.
· The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
· Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
· If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely.The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
· How long the data will be stored.
· Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
· How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
· Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
· The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
· Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
The Kingsmills Hotelaccepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
· Passport or Photo card driving license.
The subject access report (SAR) form can be found here.
The withdrawal of consent form can be found here.
Contact details of the GDPR Owner:
GDPR Owner Contact Details
Contact Name:James Story
Address line 1: Kingsmills Hotel
Address line 2: Culcabock Road
Address line 3: Inverness
Address line 4: IV2 3LP
A cookie is a small data file that certain web sites write to your hard drive when you visit them. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information a user supplies him or herself. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies, however, enhance our web site performance in a number of ways, including providing a secure way for us to verify your identity during your visit to our web site and personalising your experience on our site, making it more convenient for you.
Kingsmills Hotel will not pass any of your details on to third parties or disclose your details to anyone.