A Letter From Our CEO
I wrote to you in early summer 2020, in the vein below, and here we are again, planning our reopening for the second time. We have a fervent hope that we will all be able to return to some level of normality without a further lockdown. The sentiment below is echoed in ever-louder volumes than when I last wrote this note to you!
‘We are delighted that, after the months of lockdown that we have all endured, you are now considering a visit to the stunning Highlands of Scotland. We are even more delighted that you are considering visiting us at the Kingsmills Hotel. The Highlands has some of the most stunning scenery in the world; wide open spaces, an abundance of nature and the warmest of welcomes.‘
We have been very busy through this lock down and made some significant changes at our Kingsmills and Ness Walk Hotels, and I truly hope that you will approve!
At Kingsmills we have refurbished 45 of our McLeod wing bathrooms. And we are in the process of installing electric car charging points and solar panels in our continuous commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
Additionally, our outdoor dining and drinking spaces were hugely popular last year and they will be ready again for your arrival from 26th April, complete with new menus and wine and cocktail lists.
We have unbounded enthusiasm to ‘get back to work’ and look after you again. We hope our passion for our industry and enthusiasm for hospitality will be evident. This enthusiasm has in no way obscured our regard to our responsibility for your safety with ‘SafelySound’ procedures still very much in place. For those of you who may have not stayed with us before I have outlined our procedures to ensure we look after you and our teams as best as we can.
Highlighted below are just a few examples of what “Safely Sound” will mean for you. Above all we want you to know that your safety and trust in us is our Number One priority and when you visit the Kingsmills Hotel you will have the confidence that every possible precaution that can be taken, has been taken.
We want you to visit us in the Highlands and sleep Safely Sound in the knowledge that we are there for you.
This programme will be constantly evolving and is certainly not gathering dust – please pardon the pun! As new information and products become available we will review and improve our approach to the evolving landscape.
However, some new initiatives to reassure you are:
• Our pre-check-in calls will confirm that all guests have not experienced any of the government COVID
symptoms in the 7 days leading up to their stay
• All guests will be asked to check their temperature on the day of departure
• All staﬀ’s temperatures will be checked at the start of each shift
• Significantly increased time for our housekeeping team to meticulously prepare your room for arrival. (This
includes anti-viral cleaning and electrostatic procedures and a room sealed awaiting your arrival)
• Air change programme.
• Maximum possible time between one guest leaving and another arriving
• Option to choose our Kingsmills Housekeeping Light to maintain “Household integrity” (our team will not enter
your room once you have taken residence)
• Advance of arrival check-in procedure and car park check-in
• Social distancing implemented throughout our public areas
• We will be increasing the intensity of cleaning in our food and beverage areas and we will utilise our meeting spaces and private dining rooms as additional lounges and restaurants to enhance our social distancing
• Additional seating for outdoor dining
We are fully committed to doing our very best for you – that is the Kingsmills way. It’s what we are known for and whilst these strange times dictate social distancing, know that our warmth and hospitality will surround you as always.
Please make your reservation with the Kingsmills Group knowing that you are in dedicated, caring, responsible and approachable hands. To our old friends that we have missed over recent months, we look forward to welcoming you back. To the new friends we have yet to meet, we hope that our “Safely Sound” programme reassures you of our very best eﬀorts to keep you safe and sound – and always with the famous Kingsmills Highland welcome.
Tony Story, CEO of the Kingsmills Hotel Group